| Join Us | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Computing Science (CS)
Dr. DUAN Rubing
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 6419 1551
- Email: email@example.com
- Big data analytics
- Cloud Comuting
- Performance optimization
- PhD Computer Science, University of Innsbruck, Austria, 2008
- M.S. Computier Science, Central South University, China, 2003
- B.S. Computer Science, National University of Defense Technology, China, 2000
Published Journals/ Articles:
- Rubing Duan,Radu Prodan,Xiaorong Li.A Sequential Cooperative Game Theoretic Approach to Scheduling Multiple Large-scale Applications in Grids. accepted by Future Generation Computer Systems, 2013.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Xiaorong Li. Multiobjective Game Theory-based Schedule Optimization on Hybrid Clouds, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2014.
- Rubing Duan, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Lily Rachmawati, Long Wang, Henry N. Palit, Xiaorong Li, Chi Keong Goh, Partha Dutta, Leigh Lapworth, David Knott. An Efficient Co-processing Framework for Large-scale Scientific Applications. The 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom 2014), Singapore, Dec 15-18, 2014.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan. Cooperative Scheduling of Bag-of-Tasks Workflows on Hybrid Clouds. The 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom 2014), Singapore, Dec 15-18, 2014.
- Zengxiang Li, Rubing Duan, Long Wang, Sifei Lu, Zheng Qin, Rick Siow Mong Goh. Hierarchical Parallelization and Runtime Scheduling for Pregel-like Graph Processing Systems. The 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom 2014), Singapore, Dec 15-18, 2014.
- Rubing Duan, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Feng Yang, Yong Kiam Tan, Jesus F.b. Valenzuela. Towards Building and Evaluating a Personalized Location-Based Recommender System. The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData 2014), Washington DC, USA, Oct 27-30, 2014.
- Rubing Duan, Xiaorong Li. A Data-aware Partitioning and Optimization Method for Large-scale Workflows in Hybrid Computing Environments.The 19th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS), Seoul, Korea, Dec, 2013.
- Long Wang, Rubing Duan (corresponding author), Xiaorong Li, Sifei Lu, Terence Hung, Rodrigo Calheiros, Rajkumar Buyya. An Iterative Optimization Framework for Adaptive Workflow Management in Computational Clouds. The 11th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA-13).
- Yi Wen Wong, Tomasz Dubrownik, Wai Teng Tang, Wen Jun Tan, Rubing Duan, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Shyh-Hao Kuo, Stephen John Turner, Weng-Fai Wong: Tulipse: A Visualization Framework for User-Guided Parallelization (Euro-Par 2012).
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Xiaorong Li: A Sequential Cooperative Game Theoretic Approach to Storage-Aware Scheduling of Multiple Large-Scale Workflow Applications in Grids. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing (GRID 2012), Beijing, China, Sep, 2012.
- Rubing Duan, Farrukh Nadeem, Jie Wang, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. A Hybrid Intelligent Approach for Performance Modeling and Prediction of Workflow Activities in the Grid. In Proceedings of 9th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid"09), Shanghai, China, May 18-21, 2009.
- Rubing Duan, Alfred Strey. Data Mining on the Cell Broadband Engine.14th International Euro-Par Conference (Euro-Par 2008), Canary Island, Spain, August 26-29, 2008.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. Performance and Cost Optimization for Large-scale Grid Workflow Applications. The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC07), Reno, USA, 2007.
- Michael Luge, Ying Ding, Francois Scharffe, Rubing Duan, Zhixian Yan. EASAIER Semantic Music Retrieval Portal. 2nd international conference on Semantics And digital Media Technologies (SAMT), Genova, Italy, December 2007.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. Run-time Optimization for Grid Workflow Applications. 7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing (GRID 2006), Barcelona, Spain, Sep 28-29, 2006.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. Short Paper: Data Mining-based Fault Prediction and Detection on the Grid. The15th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC 2006), Paris, France, June 2006.
- Thomas Fahringer, Radu Prodan, Rubing Duan, Francesco Nerieri, Stefan Podlipnig, Jun Qin, Mumtaz Siddiqui, Hong-Linh Truong, Alex Villazon and Marek Wieczorek. ASKALON: A Grid Application Development and Computing Environment. The 6th IEEE / ACM International Workshop on Grid Computing (GRID 2005), Seattle, USA, November 2005.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan, Thomas Fahringer. DEE: A Distributed Fault Tolerant Workflow Enactment Engine for Grid Computing. The 2005 International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2005), Sorrento, Italy, September 21 - 25, 2005.
- Rubing Duan, Thomas Fahringer, Radu Prodan, Jun Qin, Alex Villazon and Marek Wieczorek. Real World Workflow Applications in the Askalon Grid Environment European Grid Conference 2005 (EGC 2005), Amsterdam, Netherlands, February 2005.
- Rubing Duan, Radu Prodan. Cooperative Game Theory-based Cost Optimization. in Market Oriented Grid and Utility Computing, Wiley.
- Thomas Fahringer, Radu Prodan, Rubing Duan, Francesco Nerieri, Stefan Podlipnig, Jun Qin, Mumtaz Siddiqui, Hong-Linh Truong, Alex Villazon and Marek Wieczorek. ASKALON: A Development and Grid Computing Environment for Scientific Workflows in Workflows for eScience, Scientific Workflows for Grids, Springer Verlag.
Awards and Patents
- The Highest Market Potential Award. 2014 Media Exploit Digital Media Frontier Challenge, 4 Nov 2014, organzied by A*STAR EPTL, MDA, co-Foundry, NUS, and NTU.
- 2nd prize winner of IDA data innovation challenge ($4000): “Predictive Sales Forecasting Challenge for DSM Engineering Plastics”, Nov 2013. (Team Leader: Rubing Duan)
- 2nd prize winner of IDA data innovation challenge ($2000)(Phase 1.5): “Predictive Sales Forecasting Challenge for DSM Engineering Plastics”, Mar 2014. (Team Leader: Rubing Duan)
- 3rd place / 189 teams ACM RecSys Challenge: “Yelp business rating prediction”, Oct 2013. (Team Leader: Rubing Duan)
- 2nd prize winner of APPS4SG competition ($5000), 2013.
- Key Industry Urgently Needed Talent (First Class), China, 2013.
- Technological Leading Talent
(Grant: $3,000,000, PI: Rubing Duan), Ministry of Science and Technology, China, 2012.
- National Overseas Outstanding Doctoral Award (US$5000), Ministry of Education, China, 2006.
- Rubing Duan, et al. Method for real-time seamless data migration using database replication mechanism. China App#201110353283.9, Nov. 10, 2011;
- Rubing Duan, et al. Method for data rollback of non-relational database based on repeatable operation log. China App#201110295200.0, Oct. 8, 2011;
- Rubing Duan, et al. Non-relational database synchronization system and write synchronization method. China . App#201110305180.0, Oct. 11, 2011;
This page is last updated at: 14-NOV-2014