| Join Us | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Social & Cognitive Computing (SCC)
Dr. Ilya Benjamin FARBER
- Title: Senior Scientist and Capability Group Manager (SD Group)
- Tel: 64191569
- Email: email@example.com
- Neural correlates of consciousness
- Dynamical structure of conscious mental representation
- Human and non-human social cognition
- Ph.D. (Cognitive Science and Philosophy), University of California, San Diego
- M.A. (Philosophy), University of California, San Diego
- B.S. (Cognitive Science), University of California, San Diego
Published Journals/ Articles:
- “How a neural correlate can function as an explanation of consciousness: Evidence from the history of science regarding the likely explanatory value of the NCC approach.” Journal of Consciousness Studies 12.4-5 (2005): 77-95.
- “Peirce on reality, truth, and the convergence of inquiry in the limit.” Transactions of the C. S. Peirce Society 41.3 (2005): 541-566.
- “The neuroanatomy of consciousness and the multiple boundaries of moral significance.” Poster presentation, ASSC 14 (Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness), 2010.
- “The neuroanatomical case against consciousness in fish: Hard evidence and theoretical speculations.” Concurrent session presentation, ASSC 13, 2009.
- “Neuroscientific and philosophical perspectives on consciousness and sentience.” Main session presentation, Conference on Emerging Ethical and Regulatory Issues in Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research (Singapore Bioethics Advisory Council), 2008.
- “An inferential model of choice blindness.” Poster presentation, ASSC 12, 2008.
- William Banks and Ilya Farber, “Consciousness.” In A. Healy and R. Proctor (eds.), Handbook of psychology, v.4: Experimental psychology. New Jersey: Wiley, 2003.
- Ilya Farber, Will Peterman and Patricia Smith Churchland, “The view from here: Spatial representations.” In J. Branquinho (ed.), The foundations of cognitive science. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Ilya Farber and Patricia Smith Churchland, “Consciousness and the neurosciences: Philosophical and theoretical issues.” In M. Gazzaniga (ed.), The cognitive neurosciences. Cambridge: MIT Press, 1995.
- Ilya Farber, T. Brian Mooney, Mark Nowacki, Tan Yoo Guan and John Williams, Thinking Things Through: an Introduction to Analytical Skills. McGraw-Hill, 2009.
This page is last updated at: 23-JUL-2014