| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Computing Science (CS)
Dr. Sebastian FELLER
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 6419 1592
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- interaction pragmatics
- dialogue analysis
- lexical semantics
- PhD in linguistics from the University of Muenster, Germany
- Master of Arts in English philology, philosophy and communication studies from University of Muenster, Germany
- two semesters in journalism at Chaffey College in California, USA
Published Journals/ Articles:
- (2012): “Recent developments in HCI: The implementation of cultural models in human computer interaction.” Language and Dialogue 2(3), 465-478.
- (2012): “The nature of dialog. Structural and lexical markers of dialogic teacher/learner interactions.” In: Proceedings of Workshop at SIGGRAPH ASIA 2012, Singapore, 73-76.
- Yengin, Ilker and Feller, Sebastian. (2012): “Analysis of the Socratic Method in computer supported dialog games.” Proceedings of ICCE 2012, Singapore, 202-204.
- (2012): “Facilitating active learning in the form of conceptual change through virtual worlds.” In: Proceedings of the London International Conference on Education 2012, London, 389-394.
- (2011): “Language use and the lexicon.” In: Language and Dialogue 1(1), 129-145.
- (2011): “Authorial stance and evidentiality in academic writing. A corpus linguistic approach to learning and teaching”. In: Proceedings of the Oman 11th International ELT Conference, Muscat, 2011, 10-18.
- 03/2013, International Association of Dialogue Analysis Workshop:Dialogue 2013, University of Texas at Austin, USA: “Learning by Dialogue: An Intelligent Tutoring Application for Structured Teacher-Learner Communication”
- 11/2012, International Conference on Computers in Education 2012, National Institute of Education, Singapore. Tutorial on “Using Web 2.0 Teaching Tools for Motivating Students and Engaging Them in Creative Thinking”
- 11/2012, International Conference on Computers in Education 2012, National Institute of Education, Singapore: “Analysis of the Socratic Method in Computer Supported Dialog Games”
- 11/2012, Workshop at SIGGRAPH ASIA 2012 (WASA 2012), December 26-27, Fusionopolis, Singapore: “The Nature of Dialog. Structural and Lexical Markers of Teacher-Learner Interactions”
- 11/2012, London International Conference on Education 2012 (LICE 2012), November 19-22, Thistle Hotel, London: “Facilitating Conceptual Change in Teaching and Learning through Virtual Worlds”
- 03/2012, Meaning, Context, and Cognition 2012 (MCC), March 22-24, University of Lodz, Poland: “From the Socratic Method to Dialogic Knowledge Building”
- 04/2011, Oman International ELT Conference, April 20-21, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman. Title of presentation: “Evidentiality and Stance in Academic Writing – A corpus linguistic approach to teaching and learning”
- 09/2010, IADA Workshop: Political Dialogue Analysis, September 13-15, University of Wuerzburg, Germany. Title of presentation: “Abstract language in Political Discourse
- 03/2009, 31. Jahrestagung der Deutschen Gesellschaft fuer Sprachwissenschaft (Annual Meeting of the German Association of Linguistics): Form And Function, March 04-06, University of Osnabrueck, Germany. Title of presentation: “Meaning-in-performance”
- 05/2008, IADA Workshop: Lexical Meaning in Argumentative Dialogue, May 15-17,University of Milano of Sacro Cuore, Italy. Title of presentation: “Will Future Constructions as Self-fulfilling Prophecies”
- 05/2007, 41. Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft (Student Conference on Linguistics), May 16-20, University of Bielefeld, Germany. Title of presentation: “A Sociobiological Understanding of Meaning”
- 03/2007, International Conference of the International Association of Dialogue Analysis (IADA): Analysis XI, March 26-30, University of Muenster, Germany. Title of presentation: “Irony as a Motivational Device in Discourse”
- 09/2006, Workshop of the International Association of Dialogue Analysis (IADA): Dialogue in and between different cultures, September 26-28, University of Mainz, Germany. Title of presentation: “Differences in Greeting between German, Peruvian and Californian Speakers”
- (2008): “Irony as a rhetorical device in discourse.” In: Dialogue and Rhetoric, Edda Weigand (ed.). Amsterdam/Philadelphia: Benjamins (Dialogue Studies 2), 171-184.
- (2007): “Cultural differences in the speech act of greeting.” In: Dialogue and Culture, Marion Grein and Edda Weigand (eds.). Amsterdam/Philadelphia: Benjamins (Dialogue Studies 1), 177-190.
- (2010): Lexical Meaning in Dialogic Language Use. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: Benjamins (Dialogue Studies 9).
- (ed.) (2009): Language as Dialogue. From rules to principles of probability. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: Benjamins (Dialogue Studies 5).
- International Association of Dialogue Analysis (IADA): Secretary
- Benjamins journal Language and Dialogue and book series Dialogue Studies: Assistant Editor
This page is last updated at: 13-MAY-2013