| Join Us | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Fluid Dynamics (FD)
Dr. Gong Shi Wei
- Title: Senior Scientist
- Tel: 64191430
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shock and Bubble Dynamics
- Impact Dynamics
- Composite Structure
- Ph.D, National University of Singapore
- M.Eng, Xian University of Technology
Published Journals/ Articles:
- S.W. Gong, S.W. Ohl, E. Klaseboer, B. C. Khoo, “Scaling law for bubbles induced by different external sources: Theoretical and experimental study”. Physical Review E, Vol. 81 (5), 2010.
- S.W. Gong, H.P. Lee, C. Lu. “Dynamic response of a human head to a foreign object impact”. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 55 (3), 2008.
- S.W. Gong, H.P. Lee, C. Lu, “Computational simulation of the human head response to non-contact Impact”, Computers and Structures. Vol. 86, 2008.
- S.W. Gong, H.P. Lee, C. Lu, “An Approach for the Estimation of Contact Force on a Human Head Induced by a Foreign-Object Impact.” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 54 (5), 2007.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam, “On Attenuation of Floating Structure Response to Underwater Shock.” International Journal of Impact Engineering. Vol. 32 (11), pp.1857-1877, 2006.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam, “Rotating Multi-Layered Cylindrical Shells to Impact Loading.” AIAA Journal. Vol. 41(1), pp.139-142, 2003.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y Lam, “Analysis of layered composite beam to underwater shock including structural damping and stiffness effects”. Shock and Vibration. Vol. 9 (6), 2002.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam “Effects of Structural Damping and Stiffness on Impact Response of Layered Structure.” AIAA Journal. Vol. 38(9), pp.1730-1735, 2000.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam, and C. Lu, “Structural Analysis of Submarine Pipeline Subjected to Underwater Shock.” International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping. Vol. 77 (7), 2000, 417-423.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam and N.J. Reddy, “The Elastic Response of Functionally Graded Cylindrical Shells to Low Velocity Impact.” International Journal of Impact Engineering. Vol. 22 (4), pp. 397-417, 1999.
- S.W. Gong, K Y Lam, “Transient Response of Stiffened Composite Plates Subjected to Low velocity Impact”. Composites: Part B. Vol. 30, 1999.
- S.W. Gong, V.P.W. Shim and S.L. Toh, “Determination of Contact Stiffness between Striker and Composite Shell”. Composite Structures, Vol. 43, 1998.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam, “Transient Response of Composite Ship Section Subjected to Underwater Explosive Shock.” Composite Structures, Vol. 46, pp. 65-71, 1999.
- S.W. Gong, K.Y. Lam, “Transient Response of Composite Submerged Hull Subjected to Underwater Explosive Shock.” Composite Structures. Vol. 41, 1998.
- S.W. Gong, V.P.W. Shim, S.L Toh, “Central and Non-central Impact on Orthotropic Composite Cylindrical Shells”. AIAA Journal. Vol 34 (8), pp.1619-1616, 1996.
- S.W. Gong, V. P. W. Shim and S.L Toh, “Impact Response of Laminated Shells with Orthogonal Curvatures,” Composites Engineering. Vol. 5, No. 3, 1995.
- S.W. Gong, S.L. Toh and V. P. W. Shim, “The Elastic response of Orthotropic Laminated Cylindrical Shells to Low Velocity Impact,” Composites Engineering. Vol. 4, No.2, 1994.
Singapore Defense Technology Prize (for team): the Underwater Shock Technology, 1998
This page is last updated at: 21-OCT-2014