| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Electronics & Photonics (EP)
Dr. KHOO Eng Huat
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 64191550
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Doctorate, School of Engineering and applied Science, HArvard University, 2010
- B.Eng. (Honours), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 2003.
- PhD, Nanyang Technological University, 2008.
Published Journals/ Articles:
- E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, and E. P. Li, “Manipulating Optical Forces for Trapping in Optical Vortex using Plasmonic Bumps,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 102, No.13, pp. 131104 (2013).
- E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, Z. Guo, V. Dixit, M. T. W. Ang, and E. P. Li, “Investigation of the Near Field Distribution in Circular Nanostructures using Stokes Polarization State”, published online DOI 10.1007/s00339-013-7756-6.
- I. Ahmed, E. H. Khoo, and E. P. Li, “Efficient Modeling and Simulation of Graphene Devices with the LOD-FDTD Method”, To be published in EEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters.
- I. Ahmed, R. S. M. Goh, E. H. Khoo, K. H. Lee, T. G. G. Hung, and E. P. Li, “Implementation of the Lorentz-Drude model incorporated FDTD method on multiple GPUs for plasmonic applications”, Journal of Computational Methods, Vol. 11, pp. 1350063 (2013).
- E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, R. S. M. Goh, K. H. Lee, E. P. Li, and T. G. G. Hung, “Efficient Analysis of mode profiles in elliptical microcavity using dynamic-thermal electron-quantum medium FDTD method”, Optics Express, Vol. 21, pp. 5910-5923 (2013).
- K. H. Lee, I. Ahmed, R. S. M. Goh, E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, and T. G. G. Hung, “Implementation of the FDTD method based on Lorentz-Drude model on GPU for plasmonics applications”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIERS), Vol. 116, pp. 441- 456 (2011).
- E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, and K. Crozier, “Plasmonics Waveplate based on Nanoslits,” Optics Letters, Vol. 36, pp. 2498-2500 (2011).
- I. Ahmed, E. H. Khoo, O. Kurniawan and E. P. Li “Modeling and simulation of active plasmonics with the FDTD method by using solid state and Lorentz-Drude dispersive model,’’ Journal of Optical Society America B (JOSA B), Vol. 28, pp.352-359 (2011).
- E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, and E. P. Li, “Investigation of the Light Energy Extraction Efficiency using Surface Modes in Electrically Pumped Semiconductor Microcavity,” NANOENGINEERING: FABRICATION, PROPERTIES, OPTICS, AND DEVICES VII††Book Series: Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 7764, pp. 77640 (2010).
- I. Ahmed, E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, and R. Mittra, ‘’A Hybrid Approach for Solving Coupled Maxwell and Schrodinger Equations for the Simulation of Nano-device,’’ IEEE Antenna and Wireless Component Letters, Vol. 9, pp914-917 (2010).
- I. Ahmed, E. H. Khoo, and E. P. Li “Development of the CPML for Three-dimensional Unconditionally Stable LOD-FDTD Method,’’ IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagations, Vol. 58 No. 3, pp. 832 - 837 (2010)
- E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, I. Ahmed, Y. Huang, S. T. Ho, “Light energy extraction from the minor surface arc of an electrically pumped elliptical microcavity laser,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 128 (2010).
- E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, E. P. Li “Enhancement of light energy extraction from elliptical microcavity using external magnetic field for switching applications,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, No.12, pp. 121104 (2009) (cover article).
- E. H. Khoo, P. Bai, M. X. Gu, H. S. Chu, W. B. Ewe, I. Ahmed and E. P. Li, “Plasmonics Nanosensor,’’ Advanced Materials Research, vol. 74, pp. 13-16 (2009).
- E. H. Khoo, A. Q. Liu, X. M. Zhang, J. Li and D. Pinjala, L. Boris, “Exact step-coupling-theory for periodic geometrical variation waveguide,” Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 80, No. 3, pp. 035101 (2009).
- A. Q. Liu, E. H. Khoo, T. H. Cheng, J. Li and D. Pinjala, "A frequent-selective circulator via mode coupling between surface waveguide and resonators," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 92, No.02, 021119 (2008).
- E. H. Khoo, A. Q. Liu, T. H. Cheng, J. Li and D. Pinjala, "Light focusing via Rowland concave surface of photonic crystal", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 91, No.22, 221105 (2007) (Highlighted in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology, Vol. 16, No. 24 (2007).
- E. H. Khoo, T. H. Cheng, A. Q. Liu and J. Li and D. Pinjala, "Transmitting light efficiently on photonic crystal surface waveguide bend", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 91, No.17, 171109 (2007) (Highlighted in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology, Vol. 16, No. 19 (2007)).
- E. H. Khoo, A. Q. Liu, J. H. Wu, J. Li, D. Pinjala “Modified step-theory for investigating mode coupling mechanism in photonic crystal waveguide taper,” Opt. Express, Vol. 14, 6035 (2006)
- E. H. Khoo, A. Q. Liu, J. H. Wu, “Nonuniform photonic crystal taper for high efficient mode coupling,” Opt. Express, Vol. 13, 7748 (2005).
- H. Cai, X. M. Zhang. C. Lu, A. Q. Liu, and E. H. Khoo, “Linear MEMS variable optical attenuator using reflective elliptical mirror,”† IEEE Photonic Tech. Lett., Vol. 17, pp. 402-404 (2005).
1.†† Y. J. Liu, D. Popp, S. J. Wu, S. P. Leong Eunice, Y. L. Hor, K. L Mok, R. Robinson, J. H. Teng, E. P. Li and E. H. Khoo, “Effect of asymmetrical nanostructures on detecting the optical rotational properties of large biofilament structures,” SPIE Optics and Photonics, Oral (2013).
2.†† E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, E. P. Li, “Optical Vortex and it applications,” Photonic Global Conference 2012, Invited Talk (2012).
3.†† E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, E. P. Li, “Manipulating Forces in Optical Vortex using Plasmonic Bumps,” SPIE Optics and Photonics, Oral (2012).
4.†† E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, “Near Field Switching and Focusing Using Partial Spiral Nanoslit for Circular Polarization,” SPIE Optics and Photonics, Poster (2012).
5.†† E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, E. P. Li, “Switching Optical Forces using Plasmonics Optical Vortex,” APEMC RF Nanotechnology Symposium, Oral (2012)
6.†† E. H. Khoo, M. Masafumi, L. Q. Gu, “ Plasmonics nanostructure for DNA detection,” A*STAR Chemistry Symposium, Oral (2011)
7.†† E. H. Khoo, E. P. Li, “Plasmonics Waveplate using Nanoslits structures”, SPP5, Poster (2011), Korea, Busan.
8.†† E. H. Khoo, I. Ahmed, E. P. Li, “Light Energy Extraction Efficiency using Surface Plasmonics in Electrically Pumped Semiconductor Microcavity", (Oral) SPIE August 2010, San Diego, US.
9.†† E. H. Khoo, P. Bai, M.X. Gu, H.S. Chu, W.B. Ewe, I. Ahmed, and E. P. Li, “Plasmonics NanoSensor” (Invited Paper), ICMAT, 28 June-3 July 2009, Singapore.
10. E. H. Khoo, S. T. Ho, I. Ahmed, Y. Huang, E. P. Li, “Extracting Light Energy from the Minor Surface Arc of an Electrically Pumped Elliptical Microcavity Laser,” (Oral) IEEE PhotonicGlobal@Singapore (IPGC), Dec 2008, Singapore.
11. E. H. Khoo, and A. Q. Liu, “Photonic quasi-crystal add-drop filter via coupling between surface waveguide modes and resonator modes,” (Poster) Photonics and Electromagnetic Crystal Symposium (PECS VII), 8-11 April 2007, Monterey, California, US
12. E. H. Khoo, and A. Q. Liu, “Light focusing via concave corrugated surface of photonic crystal,” (Poster) Photonics and Electromagnetic Crystal Symposium (PECS VII), 8-11 April 2007, Monterey, California, US.
†“Advanced Electromagnetics”, Contributed a chapter in the book authored by Prof Allen Taflove and Prof Steven G. Johnson. Published online in Dec 2012. Hard cover book published by 2013
“Plasmonics Nanostructures”, Cambridge Press Holdings.
- Awarded A*STAR Joint Council Organization Early Career Grant for the project title “Development of Biosensor Device for Identification of Actin and Actin-like Helical Filaments using Ultra-Sensitive Chiral Nanostructures” (S$ 750K, 3† years, research funding)
- ∑††††††††††† Awarded A*STAR Flagship for project title “Antireflection Nanocomposite Structures for Imaging and Display” (S$150k, 1.5 year, commercialization funding)
- ∑††††††††††† Awarded A*STAR-MINDEF for the project title “High power density Fiber Laser with Sub-Diffraction Limit Focusing and Beam Quality Improvement” (S$800k, 3 years, research funding)
- ∑††††† Awarded Industrial revenue for Industrial Consortium for Optical Nano-imprint Technology (ICON, S$100k, 1 year, industrial funding)
- ∑††††††††††† Appointment as Project Director (2012).
- ∑††††††††††† Cover article on Applied Physics Letters (2009).
- ∑††††††††††† Institute of Engineer Singapore (IES) Prestigious Engineering Award (2006).
- ∑††††††††††† Gold award of College of Engineering (COE) exhibition of Nanyang Technological University for continuous three times. (2004, 2005, 2006).
- ∑††††††††††††Nanyang Research Scholar (2004-2007).
†† Grant Awarded
†Patent and Technology Disclosure
Nanocomposite Anti-reflection Structures (PCT/SG2012/000132).
Implementation of FDTD method on GPU for Active Plasmonics, Photonics and Nanophotonic Applications (Technology Disclosure in Oct 2011)
A Tapered shaped pair Plasmonic Chiral Nanostructures for Effective Sensing and Detection of Chiral Proteins. (Technology disclosure in Jan 2013)
Conversion of whispering gallery mode to dipole mode using gold embedded nanorods in nanodisk (Submitted for Technology Disclosure in Nov 2012)
Development of transformation optics algorithm and metholodogy for the design of metameterial lenses and beam control (Trade Secret filed in Dec 2012)
This page is last updated at: 02-JUL-2013