| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Computing Science (CS)
Dr. KUO Shyh-Hao (Howie)
- Title: Senior Scientist
- Tel: 64191448
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parallel and concurrent Programming Languages
- Software Refactoring and Algorithm Transformations
- Software Engineering Methods for Concurrent Programming
- Optimization algorithms (Operations Research)
- Applications of Probability and Information Theory �
- Ph.D., Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 2008
- M.E., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2002
- B.E. (Hon. I), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1999 �
Published Journals/ Articles:
- S. Kuo and J. K. Cavers, "Energy optimal scheduler for diversity fading channels with maximum delay constraint," submitted to IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 2008
- J. A. Dowle, S. Kuo, K. Mehrotra and I. V. Mcloughlin, "An FPGA-based MIMO and Space-time processing platform," EURASIP Joirnal on Applied Signal Processing, 2006
- Mcloughlin I, Busch A, Churton P, Shyh-hao Kuo, Lendnal S, Mehrotra K, McConnell D, Scott T, Pow I, Spalding D (Tait Electronics Ltd), “Improvements relating to radio communications systems”, European Patent No. 03784706.8-2412-NZ0300176, filed 08/08/2003
- Mcloughlin I, Busch A, Churton P, Shyh-hao Kuo, Lendnal S, Mehrotra K, McConnell D, Scott T, Pow I, Spalding D (Tait Electronics Ltd), "Improvements relating to radio communications systems", NZ Patent 520650, granted January 2006
- Mcloughlin I, Busch A, Churton P, Shyh-hao Kuo, Lendnal S, Mehrotra K, McConnell D, Scott T, Pow I, Spalding D (Tait Electronics Ltd), “Improvements relating to radio communications systems subsidiary patent”, NZ Patent 537902, granted January 2006
- S. Sawadistang, P. Thananart. S. Kuo, "Computer-Aided Code Vectorisation", in proc. TGCC"11, Bangkok, 2011.
- J. Jin, S. J. Turner, B.-S. Lee, S. Kuo, R. S. M. Goh, and T. Hung, "Performance modelling for runtime kernel adaptation: A case study on infectious disease simulation,", in proc. CBHPC workshop, SC 2010.
- T.M. Riechers, S. Kuo, R. S. M. Goh, and T. Hung, "Component-based design for adaptive large-scale infectious disease simulation," in proc. ICCS 2010.
- E. Chuah, S. Kuo, P. Hiew, et. al. "Diagnosing the root-cause of failures from cluster log files," in HiPC, 2010.
- H. P. Huynh, S. Kuo, S. M. Goh, and D. V. Le, "Migration of a complete 3D poisson solver from legacy FORTRAN to CUDA," in proc. GTC, 2010.
- Y. W. Wong, R. S. M. Goh, S. Kuo, and M.Y. H. Low, "A Tabu search for the heterogeneous DAG schedulling problem," in proc. ICPDS, 2009.
- T. M. Riechers, S. Kuo, R. S. M. Goh, H. Soh, T. Hung, and A. M. Malik, "A case study on dynamic kernel adaptation in a component-based infectious disease simulator," in proc. CBHPC, 2009.
- S. Kuo and J. K. Cavers, “Performance comparison of max-delay constrained schedulers in rayleigh fading channels,” VTC’08 Spring, Singapore 2008.
- S. Kuo and J. K. Cavers, “Optimal scheduling for wireless links under per-user maximum delay constraints,” GLOBECOM’07, WashingtonDC, 2007.
- S. Kuo, J. A. Dowle, and I. V. Mcloughlin, “A reconfigurable platform for MIMO research: realtime implementation of 4x4 adaptive multi-variate DFE,” Virginia Tech Symposium on Wireless & Personal Communications, 2004.
- I. McLoughlin, K. Mehrotra, S. Kuo, and N. Baghaei, “Nonlinear codebook-based channel estimation for computational efficiency in multi-antenna wireless systems,” Virginia Tech Symposium on Wireless & Personal Communications, 2004.
- M. A. Baghaei, S. Kuo, and I. V. McLoughlin, “FPGA implementation of space-time block coding system,” IEEE 6th CAS Symposium on Emerging Technologies: Frontiers of Mobile and Wireless Communication, 2004.
- S. Kuo and I. V. McLoughlin, “Reconfigurable processing framework for space-time block codes,” in Proc. ATNAC Conference, 2003.
This page is last updated at: 07-NOV-2013