| Join Us | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Fluid Dynamics (FD)
Matthew Anthony PRICE
- Title: Research Engineer
- Tel: 64191459
- Email: email@example.com
- Coupled fluid-structure interactions
- Energetic material simulations (detonation and air blast)
- Riemann solvers and compressible flow
- Simulations for defence and protective technology
- BSc, Chemical Engineering, New Mexico Tech, USA, 2003
- MSc, Engineering Mechanics with a Specialization in Explosives Engineering, New Mexico Tech, USA, 2005
Published Journals/ Articles:
- Nguyen, V.-T., H.H. Nguyen, M.A. Price, J.K. Tan. Shock capturing schemes with local mesh adaptation for high speed compressible flows on three dimensional unstructured grids. Computers & Fluids 70, 2012. 126–135.
- Price, M.A., V.-T. Nguyen, H.H. Nguyen, J.K. Tan, C.S. Chew, T. Karasek. "Computational Framework for Simulation of Air Blast and Structural Interactions". Proc. 22nd Symposium on Military Aspects of Blast and Shock. 4-9 Nov., 2012. Bourges, France.
- Price, Matthew A., Alex K.H. Lee, Orlando Soto, and Karen O.Y. Chong, "FSI Simulations for Explosions Very Near Reinforced Concrete Structures." IV Int. Conf. on Computational Methods for Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering. 20-22 June, 2011. Kos Island, Greece.
- Price, M. A. and H. G. Ang. “Modeling for Detonation and Energy Release from Peroxides and Non-ideal Improvised Explosives”. Central European Journal of Energetic Materials, 2009. 6(3-4). 239-245.
- Price, Matthew A. “Dynamic Analyses for Retrofitting of HE Operational Bays for Personnel Protection against Accidental Detonations.” LA-UR-07-2969. 7th Biennial Tri-Laboratory Engineering Conference. Albuquerque, NM. May 7-10, 2007.
- Price, Matthew A. “Effects of Cylindrical Charge Geometry and the Secondary Combustion Reactions on the Internal Blast Loading of Reinforced Concrete Structures.” LA-14209-T. 2005.
This page is last updated at: 21-OCT-2014