| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Material Science & Engineering (MSE)
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 64121598
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Displacive Phase Transformations: Theory of Ferroelectrics, Martensitic Transformations and Shape Memory Materials
- Diffusive Phase Transformations: Spinodal Decomposition (Phase Separation Phenomena) and Order-Disorder Transformations in Multi-Component Alloys. Grain Growth in Polycrystals
- Nanoscience: Size Effects and Geometry Dependence of Material Properties at the Nanoscale.
- Modeling Constitutive Response: Mechanical Properties, Crack Propagation
- Polymers and Soft Matter: Electroactive Polymers, Complex Fluids, Super cooled Liquids.
- Ph.D. (Physics), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, 1998
- M. Sc (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India, 1992
- B. Sc (Hons) Physics, Delhi University, India, 1990
Published Journals/ Articles:
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia, “Coupled Phase Transformations in Ferroelastic-Ferroelastic Nanocomposites”, Accepted for Publication in Phys. Rev. B
- N. Ng, R. Ahluwalia, H. B. Su and F. Boey, “Lateral Size and Thickness Dependence in Ferroelectric Nanostructures formed by Localized Domain Switching”, Accepted for Publication in Acta Materialia.
- J. C. W. Song and R. Ahluwalia, “A Critical Size for Phase Separation in Binary Alloys: The Role of Elastic Interactions and Mechanical Constraints”, Phys. Rev. B 78, 064204 (2008)
- R. Ahluwalia, M. B. Sullivan, D. J. Srolovitz , J.W. Zheng and A. C. H. Huan, “A Multi-Scale Kinetic model for Polarization Switching in Ferroelectric Polymer Thin films”, Phys. Rev. B 78, 054110 (2008)
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia, “Microstructures and Mechanical Properties of Constrained Shape Memory Alloy Nanograins and Nanowires”, Acta Materialia 56, 3358(2008).
- R. Ahluwalia and D. J. Srolovitz, “Size Effects in Ferroelectric Thin Films: Domains and Polarization Relaxation”, Phys. Rev. B 76, 174121(2007)
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia, “Effect of Lattice Mismatch Induced Strains on Coupled Diffusive and Displacive Phase Transformations”, Phys. Rev. B 75, 054110 (2007).
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia, “Interplay between Diffusive and Displacive Phase Transformations: TTT Diagrams and Microstructures”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 055701 (2006).
- R. Ahluwalia, T. Lookman and A. Saxena, “Dynamic Strain Loading of Cubic to Tetragonal Martensites”, Acta. Materialia 54 , 2109 (2006)
- R. Ahluwalia, T. Lookman, A. Saxena and W. Cao, "Domain Size Dependence of Piezoelectric Properties of Ferroelectrics", Phys. Rev. B 72, 014112 ( 2005).
This page is last updated at: 24-NOV-2010