| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Computing Science (CS)
Dr. Joseph John Pyne SIMONS
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 64191423
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The social effects of controversy
- Conflicting persuasive appeals
- Quantitative methods
- Ph.D. Psychology (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- M.Soc.Sci. Psychology (National University of Singapore)
- B.A. Psychology, Philosophy and Physiology (Oxford)
Published Journals/ Articles:
- Simons, J.J.P & Green, M.C. (2013). Distracted by details: Narrative influence following conflicting stories. Media Psychology, 16, 221-243.
- Singh, R., Simons, J.J.P., Self, W.T, Tetlock, P.E., Zemba, Y., Yamaguchi, S., Osborn, C.Y., Fisher, J.D., May, J. & Kaur, S. (2012). Association, culture, and collective imprisonment: Tests of a two-route causal-moral model. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 34, 269-277.
- Singh, R., & Simons, J.J.P. (2010). Attitudes and attraction: Optimism and weight as explanations for the similarity–dissimilarity asymmetry. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 4, 1206-1219.
- Simons, J.J.P., & Green, M.C. (2013, Jan). Distracted by details: Narrative influence following conflicting stories. Poster presented at the 2013 Society for Personality and Social Psychology Attitudes Preconference, New Orleans, LA.
- Simons, J.J.P., & Green, M.C. (2012, Jan). Interpersonal inconsistency and relating to others: Controversy and social threats. Poster presented at the 13th Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, San Diego, CA.
- Green, M.C. & Simons, J.J.P. (2011, Oct). Controversial issues and social threat. Informal presentation at the 2011 Society of Experimental Social Psychology conference, Washington, DC.
This page is last updated at: 01-JAN-2009