| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Dr. Terence HUNG Gih Guang
- Title: Principal Scientist and Deputy Executive Director
- Tel: 64191232
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complex Systems
- Large-scale data analytics
- Cloud computing
- HPC as a Service
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Ph.D (Electrical Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993
- M.S. (Electrical Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1991
- B.S. (Computer Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
Published Journals/ Articles:
- James Decraene, Christopher Monterola, Gary lee, Terence Hung. A quantitative procedure for the spatial characterization of urban land use. International Journal of Modern Physics C. 24, 1250092 (2013). Published 27 Feb 2013.
- Xiuju Fu, Stefan Ma, Gaoxi Xiao, Limsoon Wong, Chee Keong Kwoh, Michael Lees, Gary Kee Khoon Lee, Terence Hung. Effects of Temporal Factors in Combined Intervention of School Closure and Workforce Shift for Mitigating the Spread of Influenza. PLoS one. 7 (3), e32203. March 2012.
- Tjhi WC, Lee KK, Hung T, Tsang IW, Ong YS, Bard F, Racine V. Exploratory analysis of cell-based screening data for phenotype identification in drug-siRNA study. Int. J. Computational Biology and Drug Design. 4(2):194-215. 2011.
- Kim Huat Lee, Iftikhar Ahmed, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Eng Huat Khoo, Er Ping Li, Terence Hung. 2011. Implementation of the FDTD method based on Lorentz-Drude dispersive model on GPU for plasmonics applications. Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIER) 116, 441-456. May 2011.
- Zhang T, Fu X, Kwoh CK, Xiao G, Wong L, Ma S, Soh H, Lee GK, Hung T, Lees M. “Temporal Factors in School Closure Policy for Mitigating the Spread of Influenza”. Journal of Public Health Policy. 32, 180-197. May 2011.
- Soh, Harold; Lim, Sonja; Zhang, Tianyou; Fu, Xiuju; Lee, Gary Kee Khoon; Hung, Terence Gih Guang; di, Pan; Prakasam, Silvester; Wong, Limsoon. “Weighted Complex Network Analysis of Travel Routes on the Singapore Public Transportation System”. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. Volume 389, Issue 24, p. 5852-5863. 2010.
- Khoo, B.T., Bharadwaj, V., Hung, T., See, S., “A Multi-Dimensional Scheduling Scheme in a Grid Computing Environment”. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC). Volume 67. Issue 6. pp 659-673. June 2007.
- Jie, W., Hung, T., Cai, W., An Information Service for Grid Virtual Organization: Architecture, Implementation and Evaluation. The Journal of Supercomputing. Vol. 34 Issue 3, Dec 2005. pp 273-290. ISSN: 0920-8542.
Conferences & invited talks:
- Sifei Lu, Xiaorong Li, Long Wang, Zhaoxia Wang, Henry Novianus Palit, Henry Kasim & Gih Guang Terence Hung.. Cloud-Based Data Analytic & Visualization Framework for Dengue Fever Analytics. CloudAsia2013. 15-17 May 2013. Singapore.
- Henry Kasim, Terence Hung, Xiaorong Li. Data Value Chain as a Service Framework: For Enabling Data Handling, Data Security and Data Analysis in the Cloud. IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems. Pp 804-809. Dec 2012. Singapore.
- Yinping Yang, Jianhui Huang, Dan Ma, Terence Hung. “SmarterCloud: A Website Prototype with Alternate Dynamic Pricing Schemes for Cloud Service”. 21st Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS 2011). 3-4 Dec 2011. Shanghai.
- Henry Kasim, Terence Hung, Xiaorong Li, William-Chandra Tjhi, Sifei Lu, Long Wang, “A Cloud-based Workflow Management Solution for Collaborative Analytics”. Ninth International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2011), 5 – 8 December 2011, Paphos, Cyprus.
- Thorsten Matthias Riechers, Shyh-hao Kuo, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Terence Hung, “Component-based Design for Adaptive Large-scale Infectious Disease Simulation”, International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS) 2010. (accepted)
- Xiaorong Li, Sharad Singhal, Terence Hung, “A User-centric Dynamic Cluster Partitioning Approach for HPC Service Optimization”, accepted by the 28th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Dec 2009.
- Thorsten M. Riechers, Shyh-hao Kuo, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Harold Soh, Terence Hung, Abid M. Malik, “A Case Study on Dynamic Kernel Adaptation in a Component-based Infectious Disease Simulator”, Supercomputing Conference (SC) 2009: Workshop on Component-Based High Performance Computing. November 2009.
- "Enabling Effective Data Analytics in the Cloud". AsiaCloud Conference 2012, 16 Nov 2012, Singapore.
- Summer Institute Workshop on Analytics for Business, Consumer and Social Insights (BCSI2012), Aug 2012, Singapore.
- "Unleashing Innovation through Cloud Computing, HPC & Data Analytics". Singapore-Japan High Performance Computing Workshop (organized by A*STAR & METI), 27 Feb 2012, Singapore.
- HPC in Asia Workshop. International Supercomputing Conference. 19 June 2011. Germany.
- “Tracking R&D Activities in Developing Technologies to Drive Cloud Propositions”. IQPC Cloud Computing 2010. 23-24 November 2010.
- “Exploring the Potential of Cloud Computing: Research and Adoption”. Government Cloud Forum. Organized by FutureGov. 20 November 2009.
- Invited speaker for IDC’s event on “High Productivity Computing - HPC is going Mainstream” (23 Sep 2008). Singapore.
- Invited speaker for Microsoft’s event “HPC Leadership Forum” at GridAsia2008 (19 Sep 2008). Singapore.
- Keynote speaker for HP-CAST10 conference. Grand Hyatt Hotel. Singapore. May 2008.
Books & Book Chapters:
- Yan WU, Gary Lee, Xiuju Fu and Terence Hung. Book Chapter: Mining Weather Information in Dengue Outbreak: Predicting Future Cases Based on Wavelet, SVM and GA. Advances in Electrical Engineering and Computational Science. ISBN: 978-90-481-2310-0. Pp 483-494. Springer Netherlands. April 2009.
- Jie W., Zang, T., Hung, T., Turner, S., Cai, W. “Metadata-based Information Management Framework for Grids”. Book Chapter in "Modern Technologies in Web Services Research". IGI Publishing. ISBN: 978-1-59904-280-0. pp 147-166. 2007.
- Fu, X., Wang, L., Hung, T., Goh, L.P. “Linguistic Rule Extraction from Support Vector Machine Classifiers”. Book chapter in "Research & Trends in Data Mining Technologies & Applications ". Idea Group Publishing. ISBN: 1-59904272-X. pp 276-290. 2006.
Professional appointments & Awards:
- National Cloud Computing Advisory Council member [2013-]
- HP-CAST Board. Asia-Pacfic Director [2008-]
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University [2004-]
- Microsoft Technical Computing Executive Advisory Council [2010-2012]
- National Grid Advisory Council member [2009-2013]
- Council member, Gerson Lehrman Group [2006-]
- Book review for Wiley 
- Grant project reviewer for Chilean Research Fund Council 
- Grant project reviewer for Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada 
- Program or technical committee member for CCGrid, ICCSA, HPCAsia
- First Prize Scalable Computing Challenge 13th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing. The Netherlands. May 13-16, 2013.
National and International appointments:
- Program Manager and co-PI: Complex Systems Programme. SERC grant project. Oct 2012 – Sep 2015.
- PI: Programme Integration Office for SERC’s Data Value Chain as a Service TSRP grant. Grant no. 102 158 0040. August 2010 – July 2013.
- Co-PI: Integrative and Adaptive Resource Management for Multi-tenanted Data Center. SERC’s TSRP on Future Data Center Technologies. Grant no. 112 172 0015. August 2011 – July 2014.
- Co-PI: Reliable and Adaptive MapReduce-enabled Cloud Platform for Workflow Data Analytics Services. SERC’s Data Value Chain as a Service TSRP grant. Grant no. 102 158 0036. August 2010 – July 2013.
- Co-PI: User and Domain-Driven Data Analytics as a Service Framework. SERC’s Data Value Chain as a Service TSRP grant. Grant no. 102 158 0034. August 2010 – July 2013.
- PI: A 3-year Joint Research (Virtual) Lab on High Performance Computing with NTU School of Computer Engineering (lauched in Feb 2008)
- PI: A 3-year research collaboration with HP Labs on Shared Services Platform, a project involving technologies to virtualize and automate a utility data centre. Terence is PI for the Singapore side. 2007-2009.
- PI: A 3-year A*STAR funded research project (grant no. 052 127 0096) on A*STAR Digital Nervous System, a project involving the research and development of a software platform to provision multi-disciplinary applications as software services. 2006-2009.
- Co-PI: IDA/HP funded project on Adaptive Enterprise @ Singapore, a project involving the use of grid computing technology for digital media contents creation. A 2-year project in collaboration with NTU, SMU.
- Co-PI: A 2-year sister e-Science project on Grid-enabled Computational Electromagnetics, in collaboration with Cardiff, Swansea, British Aerospace and HP-UK. 2004-2005.
- Co-PI: SERC grant project (Grant No. 052 015 0024) on Grid-Enabled Problem Solving Environment for the Engineering of Materials. A 2-year project in collaboration with NTU. 2005-2007.
- Co-PI: An A*STAR thematic research funded project (grant no. P0320140) on An Integrated and Adaptive Simulation-Based Decision Support Framework for High-Tech Manufacturing and Service Networks. 2004-2005.
This page is last updated at: 22-OCT-2013