| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
IHPC Independent Investigatorship (I³)
Dr. Terence HUNG Gih Guang
- Title: Principal Scientist and Deputy Executive Director
- Tel: 64191232
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grid computing and cloud computing
- HPC as a Service
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Performance analysis and optimisation
- Ph.D (Electrical Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993
- M.S. (Electrical Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1991
- B.S. (Computer Engineering), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
Published Journals/ Articles:
Soh, Harold; Yew Soon; Quoc Chinh; Nguyen, Quang Huy; Habibullah, Mohamed; Hung, Terence and Jer-Lai. Discovering Unique, Low-Energy Pure Water Isomers: Memetic Optimization and Landscape Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation.
- Yu Zhang, Shuhong Xu, Yi Su, Chietsing Chong, Terence Hung., A Mesh Confirmation Method for Face Shape Reconstruction from Range Scans. Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1. June 2007.
- Khoo, B.T., Bharadwaj, V., Hung, T., See, S., “A Multi-Dimensional Scheduling Scheme in a Grid Computing Environment”. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC). Volume 67. Issue 6. pp 659-673. June 2007.
- Jie, W., Hung, T., Cai, W., An Information Service for Grid Virtual Organization: Architecture, Implementation and Evaluation. The Journal of Supercomputing. Vol. 34 Issue 3, Dec 2005. pp 273-290. ISSN: 0920-8542.
- Julka, Terence Hung, Cai Wentong. Grid Computing for Virtual Experimentation and Analysis. International Journal of Information Technology. Volume 11, Number 3, 2005.
Conferences & invited talks:
- Thorsten Matthias Riechers, Shyh-hao Kuo, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Terence Hung, “Component-based Design for Adaptive Large-scale Infectious Disease Simulation”, International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS) 2010. (accepted)
- Xiaorong Li, Sharad Singhal, Terence Hung, “A User-centric Dynamic Cluster Partitioning Approach for HPC Service Optimization”, accepted by the 28th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Dec 2009.
- Thorsten M. Riechers, Shyh-hao Kuo, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Harold Soh, Terence Hung, Abid M. Malik, “A Case Study on Dynamic Kernel Adaptation in a Component-based Infectious Disease Simulator”, Supercomputing Conference (SC) 2009: Workshop on Component-Based High Performance Computing. November 2009.
- Yan WU, Gary Lee, Xiuju Fu and Terence Hung., Detect Climatic Factors Contributing to Dengue Outbreak based on Wavelet, Support Vector Machines and Genetic Algorithm. World Congress on Engineering 2008. London, U.K., 2-4 July, 2008.
- Li, X., Hung, T., Veeravalli, B. "Design and Implementation of a Multimedia Personalized Service over Large Scale Networks." IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo 2006, 9-12 Jul 2006, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Salahuddin, H. M., Hung, T., Soh, H., Sulaiman. E., Ong, Y.S., Lee, F., Ren, Y.X. "Grid-based PSE for Engineering of Materials (GPEM)." CCGrid, 7th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid. Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. May 14-17, 2007.
- Invited speaker. “Exploring the Potential of Cloud Computing: Research and Adoption”. Government Cloud Forum. Organized by FutureGov. 20 November 2009.
- Invited speaker for IDC’s event on “High Productivity Computing - HPC is going Mainstream” (23 Sep 2008). Singapore.
- Invited speaker for Microsoft’s event “HPC Leadership Forum” at GridAsia2008 (19 Sep 2008). Singapore.
- Keynote speaker for HP-CAST10 conference. Grand Hyatt Hotel. Singapore. May 2008.
Books & Book Chapters:
- Yan WU, Gary Lee, Xiuju Fu and Terence Hung. Book Chapter: Mining Weather Information in Dengue Outbreak: Predicting Future Cases Based on Wavelet, SVM and GA. Advances in Electrical Engineering and Computational Science. ISBN: 978-90-481-2310-0. Pp 483-494. Springer Netherlands. April 2009.
- Jie W., Zang, T., Hung, T., Turner, S., Cai, W. “Metadata-based Information Management Framework for Grids”. Book Chapter in "Modern Technologies in Web Services Research". IGI Publishing. ISBN: 978-1-59904-280-0. pp 147-166. 2007.
- Fu, X., Wang, L., Hung, T., Goh, L.P. “Linguistic Rule Extraction from Support Vector Machine Classifiers”. Book chapter in "Research & Trends in Data Mining Technologies & Applications ". Idea Group Publishing. ISBN: 1-59904272-X. pp 276-290. 2006.
- Microsoft Technical Computing Executive Advisory Council [2010-]
- National Grid Advisory Council member [2009-]
- HP-CAST Board. Asia-Pacfic Director [2008-]
- Editorial Board, Institute of Advanced Scientific Research [2008-]
- Council member, Gerson Lehrman Group [2006-]
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University [2004-]
- Chair, Singapore Special Interest Group on Cloud Computing [2009-]
- Book review for Wiley 
- Grant project reviewer for Chilean Research Fund Council 
- Grant project reviewer for Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada 
- Program or technical committee member for CCGrid, ICCSA, HPCAsia
National and International appointments:
National and International appointments:
- PI: A 3-year Joint Research (Virtual) Lab on High Performance Computing with NTU School of Computer Engineering (lauched in Feb 2008)
- PI: A 3-year research collaboration with HP Labs on Shared Services Platform, a project involving technologies to virtualize and automate a utility data centre. Terence is PI for the Singapore side. 2007-2009.
- PI: A 3-year A*STAR funded research project (grant no. 052 127 0096) on A*STAR Digital Nervous System, a project involving the research and development of a software platform to provision multi-disciplinary applications as software services. 2006-2009.
- Co-PI: IDA/HP funded project on Adaptive Enterprise @ Singapore, a project involving the use of grid computing technology for digital media contents creation. A 2-year project in collaboration with NTU, SMU.
- Co-PI: A 2-year sister e-Science project on Grid-enabled Computational Electromagnetics, in collaboration with Cardiff, Swansea, British Aerospace and HP-UK. 2004-2005.
- Co-PI: SERC grant project (Grant No. 052 015 0024) on Grid-Enabled Problem Solving Environment for the Engineering of Materials. A 2-year project in collaboration with NTU. 2005-2007.
- Co-PI: An A*STAR thematic research funded project (grant no. P0320140) on An Integrated and Adaptive Simulation-Based Decision Support Framework for High-Tech Manufacturing and Service Networks. 2004-2005.
This page is last updated at: 02-APR-2012