| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Fluid Dynamics (FD)
Dr. Stephen WAN Yee Ming
- Title: Scientist
- Tel: 64191517
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Particle laden and granular flow ( erosion, abrasive wear, surface finishing processes)
- Microfluidics (mixers, heatexchangers, microreactors)
- Fluid structure interaction ( offshore structures, wind turbines)
- PhD (Fluid Mechanics), Robert Gordon University, UK
- MSc (Offshore Engineering), Robert Gordon University, UK
- B Eng (Mechanical), National University of Singapore
Published Journals/ Articles:
- S Wan, D Morrison and I G Bryden. “The flow of Newtonian and inelastic non-Newtonian fluids in eccentric annuli with inner cylinder rotation”. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, vol 13, no 5, 2000, pp 349-359.
- S Wan and G C Lim. “Transient flow in abrasive suspension jet cutting machines on pump shut-down”. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, vol 125, Feb 2003, pp 172-178.
- H Liu, Stephen Wan Y M, Andrew Tay A.O., G.C.Lim, “ The Development of A Polymer Based Piezo Actuated Micropump”, Journal of Computational Engineering Science, Vol 4, No. 3, pp 621-625, (Sep/2003)
- L Yin, K Ramesh, S Wan, X D Liu, H Huang and Y C Liu, “ Abrasive flow polishing of microbores”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, vol 9, no 2, (2004)
- S Wan, H Y Zheng, D Xu and T Y Ng. "A simple micro-mixer prototyped in polycarbonate”, Microsystem Technologies (MST), vol 11, num 2-3, pp 75-79, February 2005
- H M Xia, S Y M Wan, C. Shu and Y T Chew. “Chaotic micromixers using two-layer crossing channels to exhibit fast mixing at low Reynolds numbers”, Lab Chip, 2005, 5(7), 748
- N Bussayajarn, Han Ming, Kwan Kian Hoong, Wan Yee Ming Stephen, Chan Siew Hwa. “Planar air breathing PEMFC with self-humidifying MEA and open cathode geometry design for portable applications”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 34, Issue 18, September 2009, pp 7761-7767
- W S Fong, S Wan and D L Butler. “Development of Media for Low Pressure Abrasive Flow Machining”, Advanced Materials Research, Volumes 126 – 128, pp 149-153, August 2010.
- S Wan, W S Fong and Q Y Leong. “Deterministic Process Modelling of Micro Air Abrasive Jet Machining of Glass Channel”, Key Engineering Materials, vol. 447-448, pp 272-276, September 2010
- T A Mai, S Wan and G C Lim, “Laser ablative micro-machining and its applications for rapid fabrication of micro-fluidic components”, 21st International Congress on Applications of Lasers and Optics, 14 –17 Oct 2002.
- H Y Zheng, H Liu, S Wan, G C Lim, S Nikumb and Q Chen, “Ultrashort pulse laser machining of microchannels in polymers and glass materials for fabrication of a microfluidic optical switch”, 22nd International Congress on Applications of Lasers and Optics, 14 –17 Oct 2003.
- H Liu, S Wan, G C Lim and A O Tay, “Development of a polymer based piezo-actuated micropump”, International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT), 2003.
- Xia H, S Wan, Chang S, and Y T Chew, “Simulation Investigation of a Chaotic Micro-mixer using Two-layer Cross Channels”, The First International SBE Conference on Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Biopolis, Singapore, September 26 to 29, 2004.
- S Wan, E G Santoso, K M The, G C Lim and J S Lim, “ Nd –YAG laser carving of flow-field channels in polymer graphite composite bi-polar plates”, 3rd International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance (MP3), Singapore, 24 to 26 November, 2004.
- S Wan. “Low cost abrasive flow machining technology”. UK-Singapore Aerospace Engineering Workshop on Challenges and Opportunities, 29-30 May 2007, Singapore
- Bussayajarn N, S Y M Wan, Ming H and Kwan K H. “Modeling of an Open Cathode Design for Mass Transfer Coefficient Improvement in Miniature Air Breathing Fuel Cell”, Gordon Research Conference- Fuel Cell, July 20-25, 2008, Smithfield, RI, USA.
- S Y M Wan and W S Fong, Cai Jian Fu and D L Butler. “Simultaneous Radiusing and Polishing of Small Diameter Holes”, 7th International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance (MP3), Singapore, 5 to 7 November, 2008.
- S Wan, W S Fong and Z H Tay, "Process modelling and simulation of vibratory finishing of fixtured components", 10th EUSPEN (European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology) conference, 01-Jun-2010 to 03-Jun-2010, Aula Congress Centre, Mekelweg 5, 2628 CD, Delft, vol. 2, pp. 269-273.
This page is last updated at: 14-JUN-2013