| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Engineering Mechanics (EM)
Dr. ZHANG Gang
- Title: Senior Scientist and Capability Group Manager
- Tel: 64191583
- Email: email@example.com
- Nanoscale Thermal Conduction
- Condensed Mater Physics
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Ph.D. Condensed Matter Physics (First Class Honours), Department of Physics and Center For Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, China. 2002
- Bachelor, Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, China. 1998
Published Journals/ Articles:
Zongfu Yu, Nicholas Sergeant, Torbjorn Skauli, Gang Zhang*, Hailiang Wang, and Shanhui Fan*, “Thermal extraction: enhancing thermal emission to far-field vacuum beyond the blackbody limit for macroscopic objects”, Nature Communications, 4, 1730 (2013).
- Gang Zhang* and Yong-Wei Zhang, “Thermal conductivity of silicon nanowires: From fundamentals to phononic engineering”, Phys. Status Solidi Review@RRL, 1–13 (2013) DOI: 10.1002/pssr.201307188
- Xiuqiang Li, Jie Chen, and Gang Zhang*, “Comparison of Isotopic Effects on Thermal Conductivity of Graphene Nanoribbons and Carbon Nanotubes”, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 013111 (2013).
- Chenxi Yu and Gang Zhang*, “The Underestimated Thermal Conductivity of Graphene in Thermal-Bridge Measurement: A Computational Study”, Journal of Applied Physics, 113, 214304 (2013).
- Chenxi Yu and Gang Zhang*, “Impacts of Length and Geometry Deformation on Thermal Conductivity of Graphene Nanoribbons”, Journal of Applied Physics, 113, 044306 (2013)
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang* and Baowen Li, “Substrate Coupling Suppresses Size Dependence of Thermal Conductivity in Supported Graphene”, Nanoscale, 5, 532 (2013).
- Weihua Mu, Gang Zhang*, and Zhong-can Ou-Yang, “Radius-voltage relation of graphene bubbles controlled by gate voltage”, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 053112 (2013).
- Guofeng Xie*, Yuan Guo, Baohua Li, Liwen Yang, Kaiwang Zhang, Minghua Tang, and Gang Zhang*, “Phonon Surface Scattering Controlled Length Dependence of Thermal Conductivity of Silicon Nanowires”, Phys.Chem. Chem. Phys., 15, 14647 (2013).
- Nianbei Li, Jie Ren, Lei Wang, Gang Zhang, Peter Hänggi, and Baowen Li*, “Colloquium: Phononics Coming to Life: Manipulating Nanoscale Heat Transport and Beyond”, Reviews of Modern Physics, 84, 1045 (2012). Invited review.
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “Impacts of Atomistic Coating on Thermal Conductivity of Germanium Nanowires”, Nano Letters, 12, 2826 (2012).
- He Tian, Dan Xie, Yi Yang, Tian-Ling Ren*, Gang Zhang*, Yu-Feng Wang, Chang-Jian Zhou, Ping-Gang Peng, Li-Gang Wang, Li-Tian Liu, “A Novel Solid-State Thermal Rectifier Based On Reduced Graphene Oxide”, NPG Scientific Reports 2, 523 (2012).
- Gang Zhang* and Qing Shi, “Impacts of Image Force on the Schottky Barrier Height at Metal-Carbon Nanotube Contacts”, Applied Physics Letters, 100, 173104 (2012).
- Lihong Shi, Jinwu Jiang, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “High Thermoelectric Figure of Merit in Silicon-Germanium Superlattice Structured Nanowires”, Applied Physics Letters, 101, 233114 (2012).
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “A Universal Gauge for Thermal Conductivity of Silicon Nanowires With Different Cross Sectional Geometries”, Journal of Chemical Physics, 135, 204705 (2011).
- Gang Zhang* and HaiShuo Zhang, “Thermal Conduction and Rectification in Few-Layer Graphene Y Junctions”, Nanoscale, 3, 4604 (2011).
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li*, “Phonon Coherent Resonance and Its Effect on Thermal Transport in Core-Shell Nanowires”, Journal of Chemical Physics, 135, 104508 (2011).
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “Remarkable Reduction of Thermal Conductivity In Silicon Nanotubes”, Nano Letters, 10, 3978, (2010).
- Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “Impacts of Doping On Thermal And Thermoelectric Properties of Nano Materials”, NanoScale, 2, 1058 (2010). Invited review.
- Nuo Yang, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “Violation of Fourier’s Law and Anomalous Heat Diffusion in Silicon Nanowires”, Nano Today, 5, 85 (2010).
- Gang Zhang*, Qingxin Zhang, Cong-Tinh Bui, Guo-Qiang Lo, and Baowen Li, “Thermoelectric Performance of Silicon Nanowires”, Applied Physics Letters, 94, 213108 (2009).
- Donglai Yao, Gang Zhang*, and Baowen Li, “A Universal Expression of Band Gap for Silicon Nanowires of Different Cross-Section Geometries”, Nano Letters, 8, 4557 (2008).
- Nuo Yang, Gang Zhang* and Baowen Li, “Ultralow Thermal Conductivity of Isotope-Doped Silicon Nanowires”, Nano Letters, 8, 276 (2008).
- Guo-Jun Zhang, Gang Zhang, Huiyi Jay Chua, Ru-Ern Chee, Ee Hua Wong, Ajay Agarwal, Kavitha D. Buddharaju, Navab Singh, Zhiqiang Gao, and N. Balasubramanian, “DNA Sensing by Silicon Nanowire: Charge Layer Distance Dependence?”, Nano Letters, 8, 1066 (2008).
- Gang Zhang and Charles B. Musgrave, “Comparison of DFT Methods for Molecular Orbital Eigenvalue Calculations”, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 111, 1554 (2007).
- Gang Zhang* and Baowen Li, “Thermal conductivity of nanotubes revisited: Effects of chirality, isotope impurity, tube length, and temperature”, Journal of Chemical Physics, 123, 114714 (2005).
- Gang Zhang*, Wenhui Duan, and Bing-Lin Gu, “Effects of substitutional atoms in the tip on field emission properties of capped carbon nanotubes”, Applied Physics Letters, 80, 2589 (2002).
- Gang Zhang, “Anomalous Heat Conduction in Low Dimensional Nanoscale Systems”, 2012 International Workshop on Frontiers of Theoretical and Computational Physics and Chemistry, Dec 1-3, 2012, HongKong.
- Gang Zhang, “Computational Study On Thermal Conduction of Nanoscale Materials”, Chinese Physical Society 2012 Meeting, Sep 20-23, 2012, GuangZhou, China.
- Gang Zhang “Computational Design of Nanowires For Heat Energy harvesting”, The 6th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2011), June 26 to July 1, 2011, Singapore.
- Gang Zhang “Reduce Thermal Conductivity by Engineering Phonon Coherent Resonance in Core-Shell Nanowires”, CECAM workshop “Thermal and Electronic Transport at the Nanoscale”, June 20 to June 22, 2011, Lugano, Switzerland.
- Gang Zhang, “Nanowire Applications: Thermoelectric Cooling and Energy Harvesting”, chapter in “Nanowires--Fundamental Research”, InTech Press, 2011 (ISBN: 978-953-307-327-9).
- Gang Zhang, Sha Liu and Baowen Li, “Anomalous Thermal Transport In Nanostructures”, chapter in “Nonequilibrium Statistical Physics of Small Systems”, Wiley-VCH (Weinheim), 2012 (ISBN: 978-3-527-41094-1).
- Gang Zhang and Yong-Wei Zhang, "Control Thermal Conductivity of Semiconductor Nanowires: Phononics Engineering", chapter in “Thermoelectrics at Nanoscale”, Springer, 2013.
- Jie Chen, Gang Zhang and Baowen Li, “Molecular Dynamics Simulations for Computing Thermal Conductivity of Nano Materials”, chapter in “Nanoscale Energy Transport and Harvesting: A Computational Study”, Pan Stanford Publishing, in press.
“Nanoscale Energy Transport and Harvesting: A Computational Study”, Pan Stanford Publishing, in press, 2013.
This page is last updated at: 16-OCT-2013