| Join Us | Open Source@IHPC | Sitemap
For Staff Only : IHPC Webmail | VPN Login | Update Profile
Engineering Mechanics (EM)
Dr. ZHANG Yong-Wei
- Title: Principal Scientist and Department Director; Capability Group Manager (NS Group)
- Tel: 64191478
- Email: email@example.com
- Multiscale modeling methodology
- Morphological evolution and mechanical properties of nanostructures
- Mechanics of biological materials
- Ph.D Northwestern Polytechnical University, 1989-1992
- M. Sc Northwestern Polytechnical University, 1986-1989
Published Journals/ Articles:
Q.H. Cheng, B. Chen, H.J. Gao and Y.W. Zhang, "Sliding-induced non-uniform pretension governs robust and reversible adhesion: a revisit of adhesion mechanisms of geckos". J. Roy.Soc. Inter. 9(67), 283-291 (2012).
Z.X. Wu, Y.W. Zhang, M.H. Jhon, H.J. Gao, and D.J. Srolovitz, "Nanowire Failure: Long = Brittle and Short = Ductile". Nano Lett.12(2), 910-914 (2012).
P. Murali, T.F. Guo, Y.W. Zhang et al. "Atomic Scale Fluctuations Govern Brittle Fracture and Cavitation Behavior in Metallic Glasses". Phys. Rev. Lett., 107(21), 215501 (2011).
Q.X. Pei, Z.D. Sha, Y.W. Zhang, "A theoretical analysis of the thermal conductivity of hydrogenated graphene". Carbon, 9(14), 4752-4759 (2011).
P. Liu and Y.W. Zhang, "A theoretical analysis of frictional and defect characteristics of graphene probed by a capped single-walled carbon nanotube". Carbon 49(11), 3687-3697 (2011).
G. Vastola, V.B. Shenoy, J.Y. Guo and Y.W. Zhang, "Coupled evolution of composition and morphology in a faceted three-dimensional quantum dot". Phys. Rev. B 84(3), 035432 (2011).
- Y.W. Zhang, L.X. Lu and M.S. Bharathi, "Self-assembly of Ordered Epitaxial Nanostructures on Unusual Substrates", US MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, USA, 1-6 April, 2013.
- Y.W. Zhang, Q.X. Pei and Z.D. Sha, "Thermal Conductivity of Graphene-Graphane Composites", 6th International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting, Istabul Turkey. 2-4 July, 2012.
- Z.X. Wu, Y.W. Zhang, D.J. Srolovitz, "Understanding the Size Effect in Mechanical Properties of Nanotwinned Copper", 23rd International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Beijing China, 19-24, (2011).
- Y.W. Zhang, "Catch Bond Clusters under Difference Load Distributions". US MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, USA, 9-13 April, 2012.
- Y.W. Zhang, Q.H. Cheng, B. Chen, H.J. Gao, "Sliding Induced Pre-tension Controls Robust and Reversible Adhesion" 48th Annual Technical Meeting of Society of Engineering Science, Evanston, Illinois, USA, 12-14 October, 2011.
- Y.W. Zhang, "Morphological Instability and Formation of Ordered Nanostructures on Epitaxial Systems: From Planar to Curved Substrates", 3rd International Workshop on Epitaxial Growth & Fundamental Properties of Semiconductor Nanostrutures", TraunKirchen, Austria, 11-16 September, 2011,
- Y.W. Zhang and J.Y. Guo, "Three-dimensional Modeling of Coupled Morphological and Compositional Evolution during Quantum Dot growth", 8th Internal Workshop on Epitaxial Semiconductors on Patterned Substrates and Novel Index Surfaces, Como, Italy June 15-18, 2010.
- Z.X. Wu, Y.W. Zhang, D.J. Srolovitz, "Dislocation–twin Interaction Mechanisms for Ultrahigh Strength and Ductility in Nanotwinned Copper", MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2009
- Y.W. Zhang, P. Liu and J.Y. Guo, "Heteroepitaxial Growth of Quantum Dots, Wires and Fortresses through Surface Pre-patterning",MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2009
- Y.W. Zhang, “Level set simulation of dislocation dynamics during heteroepitaxial thin film growth”, SIAM Annual Conference on materials and dislocations. Philadelphia, June 2-6, 2008.
- Y. W. Zhang, “Epitaxial Growth of Quantum Dots on Pre-patterned Substrate Surface”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Austin Texas, June 3-7 2007.
This page is last updated at: 14-JUN-2013